Sunstone cabochon - Natural stone - Idea of creation of jewelry
Discover our gemstone cabochon of Sunstone cabochon in a variety of cuts and shapes: oval, drop and round. You will find the Sunstone cabochon that will suit your jewelry creation for men or women.
what is Sunstone?
Sunstone is a feldspar mineral that has a unique luster effect due to the presence in it of tiny inclusions of copper or hematite. It is a highly coveted gemstone because of its stunning appearance and durability, making it ideal for jewelry.
Here is some basic information about the sunstone:
1. Color: Sunstone can come in various colors, such as orange, brown, yellow, and red. However, the most popular color of sunstone is a reddish-orange hue known as Oregon sunstone.
2. Hardness: Sunstone has a hardness of 6 to 6.5 on the Mohs scale, making it a relatively durable stone.
3. Origin: Sunstone is commonly found in countries such as India, Norway, Russia and the USA.
4. Uses: Sunstone is highly prized in the jewelry industry and is used to create a variety of pieces such as earrings, necklaces, bracelets and rings. It is also attributed with some metaphysical properties, such as promoting leadership, vitality and creativity.
Overall, sunstone is an amazing gemstone with unique sparkling properties that make it a popular choice in the jewelry industry. Its durability, range of colors and metaphysical properties make it a beloved stone for many people.
If you want to know more about its history and its virtues of the natural stone from Sunstoneyou can find this information in our Blog.
Whether you are a beginner or an expert designer, you will find our precious stones in Solar Stone thread to create your to create your handmade jewelry prototypes (such as bracelets and bracelets for men and/or women).
how to use cabochon?
Cabochon is a type of gemstone that has a flat bottom and domed top, making it perfect for use in jewelry. Here's how to use cabochon in your jewelry projects:
1. Choose your cabochon: The first step is to choose the cabochon you want to use. There are many types of cabochons available, including amethyst, lapis lazuli and agate, etc.
2. Choose the setting: Once you have chosen the cabochon, you need to choose a mount that will hold it securely. There are many types of settings, such as claw, bezel and glue settings.
3. Prepare the setting: If you are going to use a claw or bezel mount, you will need to prepare it by bending the claws or cutting the bezel to fit the size of your cabochon.
4. Set the cabochon: Once you have prepared the setting, you can set the cabochon. If you are using a glue-on setting, you will need to apply a small amount of glue to the bottom of the cabochon before placing it in the setting.
5. Secure the cabochon: Finally, secure the cabochon in place. If you are using a prong or bezel setting, you can gently bend the prongs or push the bezel over the cabochon to hold it in place. If you use a glue setting, you will need to allow the glue to dry completely before putting on the jewelry.
For example, you can use a natural gemstone cabochon in a claw setting to create a beautiful ring, or a gemstone cabochon in a bezel setting to create a pendant.